The adoption fee includes: The adoption fee does NOT include:
Distemper/Parvo (D2PP) & Bordetella vaccine Feline leukemia testing/Parvo testing
Deworming Bath or dip
Spay/Neuter Heartworm treatment
Heartworm test Treatment of any illness
- All adoption fees must be collected in full before any animal is released. NO CREDIT is ever given to anyone, including Humane Society members and officers.
- All adoption fees are paid directly to the Humane Society of Jefferson County.
- Heartworm tests are only provided for dogs of 6 months of age or older.
- All animals adopted from HSJC will be spayed/neutered BEFORE they leave.
- Adoptions are not guaranteed with applocations – HSJC reserves the right to deny adoptions for any reason.
- To adopt, current animals (if any) must be up-to-date on their rabies vaccination.