The adoption fee includes: The adoption fee does NOT include:
Distemper/Parvo (D2PP) & Bordetella vaccine Feline leukemia testing/Parvo testing
Deworming Bath or dip
Spay/Neuter Heartworm treatment
Heartworm test Treatment of any illness
- All adoption fees must be collected in full before any animal is released. NO CREDIT is ever given to anyone, including Humane Society members and officers.
- All adoption fees are paid directly to the Humane Society of Jefferson County.
- Heartworm tests are only provided for dogs of 6 months of age or older.
- Adopted animals should be taken to one of our participating veterinarians (a list is provided with adoption) within one week of adoption to be checked and receive any additional required vaccinations.
- All animals adopted from HSJC will be spayed/neutered BEFORE they leave.
- We do not board animals.